Dear Brethren & Friends of St Elizabeth’s,
It’s with deep regret that we will have to cancel tomorrow evening’s Holy Unction service. Yesterday our governor issued a ban on public gatherings. At this point we are not sure what this all means for churches, but we thought as a preventive measure would cancel. We will, however, continue to hold our other church services as scheduled, but it is unclear to us at this time how many people we can have at the services and abide by the state’s directives regarding safeguarding the health of our community. The bishop will give us guidance today. I will give updates as soon as I have some firm decisions. Please pray for your priest and bishop as we make these decisions. None of us has been through anything like this before, but we promise that we will meet the spiritual needs of our parish to the best of our ability. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I want to hear from you!
With much love in Christ,